Iuvo continues to closely monitor the widespread impact of the Corona Virus (COVID 19) and plan for its potential impact on our Business Operation.
While there is currently no foreseen impact to our operation or the provision of our support services, we wanted to provide some detail regarding our preparedness should the situation change.
Following guidance from the UK Government, the Centre for Disease Control and the World Health Organisation, we have been taking steps to ensure the ongoing safety and wellness of our employees, customers and suppliers. This includes evaluating the need for and attendance at meetings, restricting employee travel, visitor screening, workplace cleaning and disinfecting procedures and flexible work arrangements, including the ability to “work from home”.
Iuvo has a comprehensive business continuity plan, an active cross functional training programme and a mirrored Disaster Recovery site that can be used should access to the main site be affected. We have also implemented the capability for our employees to “Work from Home”, during any forced period of “self-isolation”, should this be appropriate.
Key Preparedness Activities:
In examining the potential impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on our daily business operation, Iuvo has focused on the ongoing safety and wellness of our employees, customers and suppliers and the key areas required to ensure continued provision of our product support services during this situation.
The three key areas of focus are as follows:
• Impact to people – are we prepared should there be impact to the individuals responsible for delivering core services to our customers?
• Impact to systems – is there a potential impact on the systems used to deliver and support our products and services?
• Impact to location – are the locations from which we deliver our products and support services likely to be affected?
The following provides high-level information on the key activities Iuvo are taking in each of these areas. All of which are underpinned by our comprehensive Business Continuity Plan.
1. Impact to People – Having reviewed its staffing levels, Iuvo is confident it has sufficient resources in all its key areas to ensure the continued provision of its key support services during a major Coronavirus breakout.
In support of this, Iuvo has the following capabilities should a major outbreak result in restricted staff movement or the need for staff to “self-isolate”:
• Employees responsible for managing our core services and providing customer support all have access to the resources required to enable them to take action from either their home or the office.
• A staff rotation programme allows for continued support services to be provided should issues arise and ensures that resources are available should individuals fall ill.
• A staff cross training programme ensures sufficient staff are trained in all the key areas, enabling continued support services to be provided should individuals fall ill.
2. Impact to systems – There are no perceived impacts to any of the Iuvo products or systems. However, recognising the potential for disruption to communications Iuvo has the following in place:
• Multiple and alternative suppliers for its Voice and Internet services at its primary operational site. With additional back-up at its separate DR site. • Back-up NHS HSCN access from its separate DR site.
• The use of cloud service systems to provide secure system access for both office and remote working.
3. Impact to location – Iuvo has a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan, which utilises a separate, remote Disaster Recovery (DR) site, at which all our key operational and support systems are mirrored. This DR site enables Iuvo to recover its core operational and support systems and services within 2 hours of activation. It also provides a separate working site, should the primary site become inaccessible.
Iuvo recognises that this situation remains very dynamic. However, we are confident in our preparation and contingency planning for this situation and we remain confident in our ability to providing the superior levels of service and support that our customers have come to expect of our company.
We will make updates to this preparedness statement should the situation change.